Thank you for all of your patience and support as we settle into online learning for the foreseeable future. I was very proud of our students for rising to the challenge of virtual learning.
This Week’s Notable Notes:
- My Office hours are from 1:30-2:30 pm. If you need to get in touch with me, this is the best time for it.
- Email is the best form of communication. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or concerns. I will check my email daily and get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please view our Welcoming Letter for 5th and 6th grade families here.
- Here is a compiled list of Tech Tutorials for parents and students
- Please visit the CPS Back To School Resources site to complete important forms online.
- Remember that CPS is still offering Grab-and-Go breakfast and lunch to all families. Simplify your life and pick up some meals today!
- Attendance will be taken daily. We look forward to seeing everyone at 8:45 every school day!
5th Writing- Writers have been working on composing poems inspired by the poem, Where I’m From by George Ella Lyons. Students will be putting the finishing touches on these poems this week and we will celebrate by sharing our work in a virtual Author’s Chair. Then, students will embark on their first essay assignment: personal narratives. Please make sure students have composition notebooks for writing.
6th Writing- Writers have been working on developing their wishes for the world in poetry this past week. Students will publish their work and celebrate with a poem share on Tuesday. Then, we will begin composing opinion essays this week.
5th Science:Last week students explored concepts related to Matter in a student-directed learning Nearpod tutorial. this week, students will answer the question, What is Matter, among other things, and learn what matter is composed of and how it changes states.