Welcome Room 314 Students and Families,
My name is Ms. Allison Krecik, and I will be your 5th grade homeroom teacher this school year! Although we are beginning remotely, I am so excited to get to know you all through the digital universe. I anticipate that we will all be tech masters when we return for in-person instruction.
We are lucky to have a student intern from Michigan State this year! Casey Ternes will be co-teaching with me throughout the school year! Miss Ternes recently graduated from Michigan State University in May 2019, and this will be her first teaching year.
By tomorrow, Sunday 9/6, all students should have received an invite via email to our Google Classroom. Students can use their cps emails to join if they do not receive an invite by tomorrow. Our class code is ug5hnk. We will be using the Google Classroom platform for all classes.
This week we will spend time getting to know each other, reviewing classroom/school-wide expectations, and learning about what to expect in 5th grade. Students will also meet their other teachers in Reading, Social Studies, and Math!
- Email is the best form of communication. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or concerns. I will check my email daily and get back to you as soon as possible.
- Each week I will post a weekly overview of our assignments on our classroom website/blog. Please visit our classroom website/blog weekly for announcements and an overview of weekly assignments at
- Here is a compiled list of Tech Tutorials for parents and students
- Please visit the CPS Back To School Resources site to complete important forms online.
- Visit our classroom blog for a list of recommended remote learning school supplies and our daily schedule.
- Remember that CPS is still offering Grab-and-Go breakfast and lunch to all families. Simplify your life and pick up some meals today!
- Attendance will be taken daily. We look forward to seeing everyone at 8:45 on Tuesday!
Thank you for all of your patience and support. We look forward to working with you this school year!