As we transition to remote learning, please use the information provided here to help you accommodate your child’s learning:
- My daily “office hours” are 9-1 daily. I will be exclusively engaged with learners from 10-12 pm. 12-1 will be dedicated to assisting/corresponding with parents and guardians.
- Please contact teachers via ClassDojo (preferred) or email with questions:
- Weekly assignments will post on Monday morning by 9 am.
- Students should access daily assignments online.
- Students should enter Google Classroom by logging in to their CPS email.
- E-Learning Platforms we will be using consistently:
- Google Classroom
- Khan Academy
- Epic Books
- Scholastic Scope
- Students who need to access paper copies for learning can email a request. I will email a paper packet to you to print out. Likewise, paper packets can be picked up at Ray School during the lunch pick-up time upon request.
Suggested Daily Schedule
|Before 9:00||Wake-up/ eat breakfast/mindful movements||At home; practice Calm Classroom breathing or exercise (jumping jacks, squats, pushups, take a walk)|
|9:00-9:30||Independent Reading for 30 minutes/complete daily reading log.||Google Classroom|
|9:30-10:00||Daily Digital Reading and/or ELA Review||Google Classroom|
|10:00-10:30||Interactive Read-Aloud||Google Meet/Google Classroom|
|10:30-11:30||Daily Digital Math Review and/or Khan Academy assignments||Google Classroom/Khan Academy|
|11:30-12:00||Work on any unfinished assignments and/or teacher check-in||Google Classroom/Google Meet|
|12:00-12:30||LUNCH BREAK!||Take a break and nourish your body|
|12:30-1:00||Household Help Time||● Help out the family, or other people in the house by cleaning up, helping with siblings, prepping for dinner.|
|1:00-2:00||Quiet/Creative Time||● RELAX: Reading for pleasure, work on a puzzle, take a nap, draw, or color.|
|2:00-3:30||Academic Time/Social Studies/Science/Writing||Focus on 1-2 academic topics:
Use Google Classroom, online resources such as: EPIC Books, Scholastic SCOPE, CNN10, Brainpop,at-home learning packet
|3:30-5:00||Afternoon Mindful Movement||Bike/walk (with parents approval); play with pets, yoga, meditation, etc|
|5:00-6:00||Dinner||Enjoy a meal with your family|
|6:00-8:30||Free Time||Binge on some GOOD TV or watch a movie that will build your background knowledge about a time in history.|
|8:30||Bedtime Prep||Brush teeth, bath/shower put on Pj’s, and get a good night’s sleep!|
Please check Class Dojo for any future information regarding remote learning. I will not be updating the Class Blog, but instead will post on Class Dojo so that we can communicate easily with any follow-up questions you may have. Thank you!