- Parent-Teacher request slips went home on Friday. If you cannot locate, you may contact me through ClassDojo to request a time. Conferences are 10 minutes long and begin at 11 am.
- Writing students are ending Q3 with a realistic fiction piece due on Tuesday, April 10. So much of the work is done in-class, but students who need additional time will be required to bring it home for final publishing on Monday April 9.
- There is no school for students on Friday, April 13.
- If you have not already done so please pay the student fee. You can pay online by clicking on the following link http://rayschool.weebly.com/.
- Attendance-PLEASE make sure students are present and arrive to school on time at 8:45 everyday. We begin reading instruction first thing in the morning, and students arriving late are missing an important portion of literacy instruction.
- We are running a bit low on supplies. If possible, please send a box of Kleenex or a bottle of hand sanitizer to school with your child.
- Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will work on Daily Five activities. Students will write their Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to share Cereal Box book reports and take quizzes over guided reading books.
- Writer’s Workshop- This week, students will have time to publish their realistic fiction pieces. We will celebrate with an “Author’s Chair” on Tuesday before we bing introductions to our next unit: Poetry.
- Math-In Math, students will complete Unit 6, working on dividing decimals and collecting and interpreting data. We will review for the test on Wednesday and take the Unit test on Thursday.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Home Link 6-12||Home Link 6-13||Unit 6 Review||Unit 6 test|
|Writing 312, 314, 315||Publish essays; due Tuesday.|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log
Reading Log is due Monday