Welcome back to our regular schedule! This week is a regular week of school with no PARCC testing!
Don’t forget about your child’s Book report: DUE DATE is Monday, April 9.
Students will complete their guided reading book that they have started in class. Then, they will create a Cereal Box book report and presentation on their guided reading book. Here is the link to instructions and additional templates to print out: Cereal_Box_report
- If you have not already done so please pay the student fee. You can pay online by clicking on the following link http://rayschool.weebly.com/.
- Attendance-PLEASE make sure students are present and arrive to school on time at 8:45 everyday. We begin literacy instruction first thing in the morning, and students arriving late are missing an important portion of literacy instruction.
- We are running a bit low on supplies. If possible, please send a box of Kleenex or a bottle of hand sanitizer to school with your child.
- Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will work on Daily Five activities. Students will write their Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to practice reading strategies that will help them to make questions about the text. Students will highlight and discuss important parts of the text. In addition, students will complete classwork activities with Word Work.
- Writer’s Workshop- This week, students will have time to write and revise their drafts for their realistic fiction pieces.
- Math-In Math, students will work on 6-8 to 6-11. Concepts will focus on multiplying and dividing decimals. There will be a Progress Check quiz on Friday.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Home Link 6-8||Home Link 6-9||Home Link 6-10||Home Link 6-11||Checking Progress Quiz|
|Writing 312, 314, 315|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log|| Read for a minimum of 30 minutes over the weekend.
Reading Log is due Monday