PARCC Testing will occur this week, March 19-23. Please see that your child is at school on time each day to complete these tests.
****Also a shout out and thank you to the parents who have stepped up and donated pencils and testing snacks!!!!!
Spring Break Project assignment: Students will complete their guided reading book that they have started in class. Then, they will create a Cereal Box book report and presentation on their guided reading book. I will send a link to the project in another post.
- If you have not already done so please pay the student fee. You can pay online by clicking on the following link http://rayschool.weebly.com/.
- Attendance-PLEASE make sure students are present and arrive to school on time at 8:45 everyday. We begin literacy instruction first thing in the morning, and students arriving late are missing an important portion of literacy instruction.
- We are running a bit low on supplies. If possible, please send a box of Kleenex or a bottle of hand sanitizer to school with your child.
- Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will work on Daily Five activities. Students will write their Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to practice reading strategies that will help them to make questions about the text. Students will highlight and discuss important parts of the text. In addition, students will complete classwork activities with Word Work.
- Writer’s Workshop- This week, students will have time to write their drafts for their realistic fiction pieces.
- Math-In Math, students will work on 6-5, collecting and analyzing data to find averages.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Home Link 6-5||Home Link 6-6|
|Writing 312, 314, 315|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes over the weekend.Reading Log is due Monday|