Please consider yourselves invited this Friday to the Ray School Music Rockfest.
The show begins at 9:15 am. Students will be performing songs from the musical, “Hamilton”.
- If you have not already done so please pay the student fee. You can pay online by clicking on the following link http://rayschool.weebly.com/.
- Attendance-PLEASE make sure students are present and arrive to school on time at 8:45 everyday. We begin literacy instruction first thing in the morning, and students arriving late are missing an important portion of literacy instruction.
- We are running a bit low on supplies. If possible, please send a box of Kleenex or a bottle of hand sanitizer to school with your child.
- Progress Reports will be sent home Friday (3/9).
- Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will work on Daily Five activities. Students will write their Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to practice reading strategies that will help them to make INFERENCES to the text. Students will highlight and discuss important parts of the text. In addition, students will complete classwork activities with Word Work.
- Writer’s Workshop- This week, students will learn about the elements of Realistic Fiction. Students will begin prewriting exercises in preparation for their next essay, realistic fiction.
- Math-In Math, students will continue Unit 5: Fractions. This week, concepts will focus on multiplying fractions. We will discuss how to use pictures and algorithms to solve multiplicatio problems. Lessons 5-8 to 5-11 will be covered.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Home Link 5-12||Home Link 5-13||Home Link 5-14||Unit 5 Review||Unit 5 test|
|Writing 312, 314, 315|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes over the weekend.Reading Log is due Monday|