I hope you have dug yourselves out of the snow. It’s time to get to work.
- Ms. Smith will continue teaching the Writing unit on personal narratives this week. Students will complete most work in class, but from time to time they might need to bring something home to complete it.
- Valentine’s Day is this Wednesday, February 14. Students may bring a small valentine card or treat to share with classmates at the end of the day. There are 23 students.
- There will be no school on Monday, February 19 in observance of President’s Day.
- Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will work on Daily Five activities. Students will write their Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to practice reading strategies that will help them to make INFERENCES to the text. Students will highlight and discuss important parts of the text. In addition, students will complete classwork activities with Word Work.
- Writer’s Workshop- This week, students will finish drafting narratives and work on revisions in their writing. Students who do not complete drafting in class on Monday must complete it for homework on Monday evening.
- Math-In Math, students will begin Unit 5: Fractions. This week, concepts will focus on adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators. We will discuss multiple strategies to accomplish this. Lessons 5-1 to 5-4 will be covered.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Home Link 5-1||Home Link 5-2||Home Link 5-3||Home Link 5-4|
|Writing 312, 314, 315||Complete Rough Draft|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log|| Read for a minimum of 30 minutes over the weekend.
Reading Log is due Monday