- Happy holidays, parents! Students will be off for two weeks starting 12/23 until 1/8.
- We will have a small “December To Remember”celebration on 12/22 in the afternoon. Our class earned to 2,000 points together to have a movie and popcorn, and we will say farewell to Ms. Wise, who will be working in a different classroom after break.
- Five students earned a 100% on ClassDojo for the month of December. They will be going on an extra field trip with students in 315 this week as an incentive.
- Although we will not participate in the Winter assembly onstage, some students have been asked to usher, MC the show, and we will display artwork to decorate the auditorium. Seting will be tight, but you may want to stop in to see the performances.
- Here is an overview of what we will be doing this week in our CORE SUBJECTS:
Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will work on Daily Five activities. Students will write their Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to practice reading strategies that will help them to make connections to the text. Students will highlight and discuss important parts of the text. In addition, students will complete classwork activities with Word Work and with Listen To Reading mysteries on Epic Books.
Writer’s Workshop- This week, students will revise and edit their writing. Students will use a checklist to make sure they have all the components needed in their persuasive advertisements. Students will publish their ads, and we will share them in class on Wednesday.
Math-In Math, students will take NWEA Math and Reading tests. Then, students will create Mixed Fractions holiday-inspired art to hang for the school assembly.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Mixed Number practice sheet|
|Writing 312, 314, 315||finish revisions||publish draft with revisions|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log|| Reading Log is due today.
Read over break and complete book report. Due 1/8/17