- All students will need a WHITE BOARD MARKER to use for Math Centers beginning next week. Please purchase a marker for your child so that they are prepared.
- PLEASE sign up for ClassDojo, either on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. ClassDojo is how I will send weekly updates and announcements throughout the week.
- The class fee is $85. Please remit payment as soon as you can. This allows us to order class texts, supplies, and pay for online programs. You can even pay online!
- Lunch Forms were sent home. If you have sent your form back thank you very much. Please complete and return the form, regardless of whether your child will receive lunch or not. It helps provide state funding for our school. Thank you.
- Don’t forget the join the PTA! Ray’s PTA is a vital part of our school culture. Please support it if you can.
- Extra supplies that would be incredibly helpful for the class room throughout the year are: Paper towel, Ziplock Bags, Kleenex, Band-aids, and Hand Sanitizer.
Here is an overview of what we will be doing this week in our CORE SUBJECTS:
Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will be fully engaged in Daily Five activities. Students will write their Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to practice close reading with annotations. Students will highlight and discuss parts of the text they found surprising. In addition, students will complete classwork activities with Word Work and Listen To Reading on Epic Books.
Writer’s Workshop-This week, students use Google Docs to publish their poems titled, “I’m From”. Students will then begin pre-wrting activities for their next writing piece: informational biography.
Math-In Math, students will explore 3-D measurement through volume. Students will learn several strategies to find the volume of 3-D rectangular prisms, as well as irregular 3-D shapes. Lessons 1-8 to 1-11 will be covered. There will be a Checking Progress quiz on Friday.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Home link 1-7 and 1-8||Home Link 1-9||Home Link 1.10||Home Link 1.11|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Reading Log is due today.|