- PLEASE sign up for ClassDojo, either on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. ClassDojo is how I will send weekly updates and announcements throughout the week. I sent home another signup sheet today for those of you not yet signed up.
- The class fee is $85. Please remit payment as soon as you can. This allows us to order class texts, supplies, and pay for online programs. You can even pay online!
- Lunch Forms were sent home last week. If you have sent your form back thank you very much. Please complete and return the form, regardless of whether your child will receive lunch or not. It helps provide state funding for our school. Thank you.
- Don’t forget the join the PTA! Ray’s PTA is a vital part of our school culture. Please support it if you can.
- Extra supplies that would be incredibly helpful for the class room throughout the year are: Paper towel, Ziplock Bags, Kleenex, Band-aids, and Hand Sanitizer.
Here is an overview of what we will be doing this week in our CORE SUBJECTS:
Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will begin Daily Five activities. Students will write their first Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will also meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to learn the expectations for guided reading. In addition, students will complete classwork activities with Word Work and Listen To Reading on Epic Books.
Writer’s Workshop-This week, students will compose their first informational piece, a poem titled “I’m From”. Students will capture things that tell a story about who they are in a graphic organizer and then transfer them onto paper. Students will revise work to add further detail. Finally, students will use Google Slides to publish their poems.
Math-In Math, students will continue finding areas of rectangles with fractional side-lengths. Then, students will explore 3-D measurement through volume. Lessons 1-4 to 1-7 will be covered. There will be a Checking Progress quiz on Friday.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Home link 1-4||Lesson 1-4 worksheet||Home Link 1.5||Home Link 1.6||Home Link 1-7|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Reading Log is due today.|