- Welcome to Fifth grade, parents and students. Here you will find answers to many questions you have weekly.
- Listed below is a homework chart so that you may keep a record of nightly homework assignments. I create homework charts weekly. Please be advised that homework is fluid at times, considering the types of interruptions that may occur from time to time (assemblies, field trips, testing, etc), so check back throughout the week for updates.
- You should receive a parent packet tonight, Tuesday. Please complete the forms inside and return to me as soon as you can.
- PLEASE sign up for ClassDojo, either on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- The class fee is $85. Please remit payment as soon as you can. This allows us to order class texts, supplies, and pay for online programs. You can even pay online this year!
- A brief overview for the first days of school: This week in Room 314 we will work to develop procedures to make sure our classroom runs smoothly. In addition, students will begin reading independently, determine book genres, and select “Good-Fit” books from the classroom library. In math, we will practice multiplication drills and study the area of a rectangle. In writing we will create “I’m From” poems to highlight the diversity and community atmosphere that 314 is developing. Students should be reading approximately 30 minutes nightly and completing three comprehension activities from their Tic Tac Toe board. This work is due on Friday.
Homework Chart September 6-9
|Math||Home Link Link 1.1; Math Boxes Page 4.||Finish Beginning Of Year Assessment|
|Writing||Decorate the exterior of your Writer’s notebook with pictures that inspire you.||Complete “I’m From” worksheet if you did not finish it in class.|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes.||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes and complete Tic Tac Toe board work.||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes and complete Tic Tac Toe board work.||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes over the weekend.
Tic Tac Toe work is due today.