As a reminder, all updates and communication with the 5th grade team will be presented to you via ClassDojo: https://www.classdojo.com
As we transition to remote learning, please use the information provided here to help you accommodate your child’s learning:
- My daily “office hours” are 9-1 daily. I will be exclusively engaged with learners from 10-12 pm. 12-1 will be dedicated to assisting/corresponding with parents and guardians.
- Please contact teachers via ClassDojo (preferred) or email with questions:
- Weekly assignments will post on Monday morning by 9 am.
- Students should access daily assignments online.
- Students should enter Google Classroom by logging in to their CPS email.
- E-Learning Platforms we will be using consistently:
- Google Classroom
- Khan Academy
- Epic Books
- Scholastic Scope
- Students who need to access paper copies for learning can email a request. I will email a paper packet to you to print out. Likewise, paper packets can be picked up at Ray School during the lunch pick-up time upon request.
Suggested Daily Schedule
||Wake-up/ eat breakfast/mindful movements
||At home; practice Calm Classroom breathing or exercise (jumping jacks, squats, pushups, take a walk)
||Independent Reading for 30 minutes/complete daily reading log.
||Daily Digital Reading and/or ELA Review
||Google Meet/Google Classroom
||Daily Digital Math Review and/or Khan Academy assignments
||Google Classroom/Khan Academy
||Work on any unfinished assignments and/or teacher check-in
||Google Classroom/Google Meet
||Take a break and nourish your body
||Household Help Time
||● Help out the family, or other people in the house by cleaning up, helping with siblings, prepping for dinner.
||● RELAX: Reading for pleasure, work on a puzzle, take a nap, draw, or color.
||Academic Time/Social Studies/Science/Writing
||Focus on 1-2 academic topics:
Use Google Classroom, online resources such as: EPIC Books, Scholastic SCOPE, CNN10, Brainpop,at-home learning packet
||Afternoon Mindful Movement
||Bike/walk (with parents approval); play with pets, yoga, meditation, etc
||Enjoy a meal with your family
||Binge on some GOOD TV or watch a movie that will build your background knowledge about a time in history.
||Brush teeth, bath/shower put on Pj’s, and get a good night’s sleep!
Please check Class Dojo for any future information regarding remote learning. I will not be updating the Class Blog, but instead will post on Class Dojo so that we can communicate easily with any follow-up questions you may have. Thank you!