My name is Ms. Krecik and I will be your child’s 5th grade teacher this year. I am delighted to have your child in my class. I am looking forward to a very successful year and I know you are too. I have high expectations for your child, and I will do all that I can to help your child achieve those expectations.
This is my eighth year teaching at Ray School. I hold a bachelor’s degree in Dance and a Master’s degree in Education, both from Columbia College in Chicago, IL. As a result, expect your child to have an experience this year that is both creative and academically challenging.
As your child enters 5th grade, please be aware of parent resources that are available to you. I post a weekly overview and homework chart on my blog. Please check in with the classroom blog weekly to see what’s new for the week. In addition, I post grades weekly on the online Gradebook that you can access to see your child’s progress. Please ask me how to gain access to Gradebook if you do not know. This way, there are no surprises, and we can work together to support your child’s learning.
Fifth grade is a transition year. When students leave 5th grade, they should be prepared to handle the sophistication that middle school demands. As a result, I will work extra hard to foster academic accountability, independence, and self-regulation from your child. I will expect adherence to deadlines, and I will challenge each student academically so that they may soar into 6th grade.
I want you to know that one of my most important goals this year is to keep the lines of communication open with you. I am available most days to speak with you, either via email or phone. Please schedule a conference by contacting me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5th Grade Supplies
- 24 #2 pencils
- 2 pack erasers
- Pencil sharpener (with cover for shavings)
- 3 black or blue erasable pens
- 1 pair scissors (metal not plastic)
- 12” ruler (standard and metric units)
- Math compass (metal not plastic)
- Protractor (clear plastic – not colored)
- 4 glue sticks or 1 bottles Elmer’s glue
- 1 box fine tip colored markers
- 1 box colored pencils
- Zippered supply bag (no hard boxes, please)
- 2 pack loose-leaf writing paper
- 4 pocket folders (1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 student choice)
- 6 marble composition books
- small personal dictionary
- 2 boxes Kleenex
- 2 Paper towels
- 2 Clorox Wipes
- Hand sanitizer