- All students will need a WHITE BOARD MARKER to use for Math Centers. Please purchase a marker for your child so that they are prepared.
- The class fee is $85. Please remit payment as soon as you can. This allows us to order class texts, supplies, and pay for online programs. You can even pay online!
- Lunch Forms were sent home. If you have sent your form back thank you very much. Please complete and return the form, regardless of whether your child will receive lunch or not. It helps provide state funding for our school. Thank you.
- Don’t forget the join the PTA! Ray’s PTA is a vital part of our school culture. Please support it if you can.
- Extra supplies that would be incredibly helpful for the class room throughout the year are: Paper towel, Ziplock Bags, Kleenex, Band-aids, and Hand Sanitizer.
Here is an overview of what we will be doing this week in our CORE SUBJECTS:
Reader’s Workshop–This week, students will be fully engaged in Daily Five activities. Students will write their Reader’s Response for a reading assessment grade. Reader’s Response letters are graded using a Rubric. Students will meet with me in small guided reading groups to work on reading strategies. This week’s groups will meet to practice reading strategies that will help them to summarize the text. Students will highlight and discuss important parts of the text. In addition, students will complete classwork activities with Word Work and Listen To Reading on Epic Books.
Writer’s Workshop-This week, students will begin pre-writing activities for their next writing piece: informational biography. Students will select a family member to research through interviewing techniques. This assignment will be modeled in class, but will be take-homework to complete the interview and research.
Math-In Math, students will practice finding volume of irregular rectangular prisms on Monday, review for the Unit 1 Assessment on Tuesday and Wednesday, and take the Unit 1 assessment on Thursday. On Friday, students will engage in activites to prepare for Unit 2.
Homework Chart for the week:
|Math||Home Link 1-12||Unit Review||Unit 1 Assessment|
|Writing 312, 314, 315|
|Reading||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes Record on Reading Log||Reading Log is due today.|