Welcome to Week 3 of Virtual Learning 🙂 Please note that all live classes are mandatory and attendance is taken. Remind your child to be on time, dressed for school, and ready to learn. Additionally, if you have a GMAIL account and would like to be connected to our Google Classroom, please email me to let me know you would like to be added.
This Week’s Notable Notes:
- My Office hours are from 1:30-2:30 pm. If you need to get in touch with me, this is the best time for it.
- Email is the best form of communication. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or concerns. I will check my email daily and get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please view our Welcoming Letter for 5th and 6th grade families here.
- Here is a compiled list of Tech Tutorials for parents and students
- Please visit the CPS Back To School Resources site to complete important forms online.
- Remember that CPS is still offering Grab-and-Go breakfast and lunch to all families. Simplify your life and pick up some meals today!
- Attendance will be taken daily. We look forward to seeing everyone at 8:45 every school day!
5th Writing- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.5.3Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
This week, students will draft their first essay assignment: personal narrative. Students will learn about the B-M-E paragraph format of an essay, develop and introductory paragraph, body paragraphs, and a concluding paragraph. Please make sure students have composition notebooks for writing.
6th Writing- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.6.1 Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence
Writers will begin drafting their persuasive opinion essays this week. We will review the 5-paragraph essay format, write introductory paragraphs, develop three strong persuasive body paragraphs, and end with concluding paragraphs.
5th Science: 5-PS1-3 Matter and Its Interactions Make observations and measurements to identify materials based on their properties. 5-PS1-4 Matter and Its Interactions Conduct an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results in new substances.
This week student will continue to learn about Matter. They will measure matter in a virtual lab, define malleability, hardness, conductivity, and magnetism, and they will compare contrast the properties of mixtures and solutions.